Since Podtrac published the first white paper on podcast measurement in 2005, Podtrac measurement has become the industry standard. And over the past 10 years, many publishers, networks and ad serving companies have entered the podcast space, some with little understanding of the technology behind podcast listening methods and how to accurately count and measure audience and ad delivery, and more importantly which metrics are valid and which are not. All of which has introduced confusion among advertisers, publishers, talent, and ad serving companies relating to accurate audience counts, ad counts, and pricing.
The Podtrac Measurement Methodology White Paper addresses these questions important to podcast publishers and advertisers:
- How are podcast audiences measured?
- How are podcast episodes measured?
- How are ads in podcasts measured?
- What are some of the inaccurate metrics being used that are harmful to podcasting?
- Which podcast publishers are attracting the largest audiences?