Update: June 2018
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site Podtrac.com.
Our Offerings are not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Offerings. We do not collect or maintain personal data from individuals who we know are under 13 years of age, and no part of our Offerings is designed to attract people under 13 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s data from our databases and to prevent the user from using our Offerings. By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Podtrac, Inc. (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice) is the data controller and we are responsible for your personal data collected by us.
WHAT DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymized data. We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data - any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data - data relating to registering to use our services such as your name, title, address, email address, phone number, and contact details. We process this data to supply you with goods and/or services you have requested or purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data - data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back- ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests, which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data - data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data - data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to deliver relevant website and email content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook ads or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests, which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Podtrac currently provides free services to podcast publishers whereby Podtrac gathers data specific to individual podcasts (e.g., audience survey data, content ratings, measurement data, etc.). This podcast data is not personal data and may be shared by Podtrac with member advertisers or other third parties in Podtrac’s sole discretion.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us, and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at email@example.com. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
Cookies are pieces of data stored on your hard drive that record information about how you interact with a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options based on the information stored about your last visit. Cookies can also be used to analyze traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes. Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do not harm your system.
You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser cookies, or to alert you when websites set or access cookies. If you want to check or change what types of cookies you accept, this can usually be altered within your browser settings. You can view, delete and block cookies at any time by by accessing the privacy settings of your browser.
Cookies are either:
Session cookies: these are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser – they usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page but they do not collect any personal data from your computer; or
Persistent cookies: a persistent cookie is stored as a file on your computer and it remains there when you close your web browser. The cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. We use persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may also receive data from third parties such as analytics providers (e.g Google), advertising networks (e.g. Facebook), and search information providers (e.g. Google).
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes, which we currently do not do, we will get your express consent.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, registrations, etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Other companies in our group who provide services to us.
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Market research firms who provide services to us.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
We are a U.S.-based company which abides by the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulations that protect the personal data of EU residents. When any EU user provides any data to us, that data is being transferred outside of the EEA.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep data we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
You can update your information or change how we contact you at any time by clicking the “update your preferences” or “unsubscribe from this list” links at the bottom of any email we have sent you or logging in to your Podtrac account at Podtrac.com.
PO Box 30576,
Alexandria, VA 22310
Email address: Privacy@podtrac.com
Updated: July 2018